Covid 19 Precautions
While Covid 19 remains a very real threat and social distancing measures are in place, we will endeavour to provide training which complies with current government legislation. From our resumption of training the following new regulations will be in force:
- Everybody coming onto our training premises whether training outside or in the centre must have filled in a booking form which confirms that they have read and accepted the conditions detailed in this page as well as our general terms and conditions, and are attending entirely at their own risk. It is also essential so that we can provide clients’ contact details under the Track and Trace system. This applies to both long standing and new clients alike and we will not teach anyone, no exceptions, unless we have received a form through in advance.
- Only two family members ( one from 2/12 to 18/12 ) can come with each dog unless there are serious mitigating circumstances and something else has been agreed in advance.
- Everyone must conform to current government social distancing regulations at all times when on site.
- We cannot currently provide the usual free refreshments so please bring your own flask or soft drinks.
- We will not be lending any equipment so please ensure you bring with you;
Water and bowl for your dog
More than enough appropriate value food rewards
A couple of favourite interactive dog toys
Plain collar, harness, standard lead and long line .
Poo bags and an airtight container so you can take them home with you.
Tissues and spare poo bags so any innocent coughs or sneezes can be caught, bagged and taken home with you.
Stuffed Kongs and refills if you are attending lower level classes or your dog needs them as a relaxation aid.
Crate if appropriate for your class.
Usually we can bale people out if they forget things but unfortunately this is not possible at the moment so please check carefully before coming to your lesson.
- If you wish to bring your own chairs that is fine but we will continue to provide our plastic ones and will disinfect them between uses and where possible allow 48 hours before re use.
- You will park as directed in the car park area with plenty of room between vehicles.
- Hand sanitizer must be used on arrival.
- The little porta loo will still be available for clients but again use is entirely at your own risk as we cannot disinfect the area between uses.
- If attending group training we cannot have dogs running over to other owners or their dogs as this totally compromises social distancing so please ensure your dog has the necessary experience to work with you off lead around others. Level One classes can be on lead /line at all times anyway.
- All dogs must be on lead or in a crate at all times on the premises unless running a sequence or engaging in flatwork drills in Agility or Hoopers
- When training indoors, depending on the class, we will have individual marked out work areas or have dogs working individually or in pairs so as to maintain more than bare minimum social distancing. This will restrict some of the games and activities we can do in Level 2 upwards classes, but is a necessary evil at the moment.
Sorry that this all sounds a bit draconian, but all the measures are there for your safety as well as our own and we are absolutely bound by operating guidelines from the government. I’m sure some of my colleagues may push the boundaries but we want to remain healthy and safe ourselves and ensure clients can come and be confident they are in a working environment which is as safe as practically possible.
Please note — All special Events Classes Currently suspended until further notice due to coronavirus
There are a number of ways of teaching our dogs behaviour we would like then to do, whether obedience, fun tricks or doing the weaves in Agility.
We use luring during basic Level 1 training, as it is easy for both dogs and owners, however a process known as shaping is invaluable to create a proactive partner who offers behaviours and can learn more complex routines confidently. Using a marker sound, tiny behaviours which are on the pathway to the end goal are progressively identified and reinforced. As the pupil is not just following a piece of food they have real awareness of what they are doing, and as offering things gains rewards they eagerly experiment to gain reinforcement.
Our 2 hour Shaping Masterclass sessions include;
A group brain storm of the pros and cons of different training techniques and watching video footage of some great puppy shaping games. Your trainers will demonstrate the technique, then people will have great fun practising with each other before working with their dogs on a few specific exercises.
Each session will be at our Normanton on Trent centre and cost £15 including refreshments.
Places are limited so pre-booking and payment are essential.
Next Clinics with Jo Trisrtam
All currently suspended.
Wendy Hill Dog Training
How To Book
Please Contact us and Wendy will get back to you. Places will be limited so pre-booking and payment are essential.