Wendy Hill Dog Training
Following the announcement of lockdown easing we are still waiting for official clarification as to when we can re start training, but from general information we can re start outdoor sport dog training from 29th March and both indoor and outdoor general training from 12th April. We have re scheduled the very many behaviour client consultations and follow ups, some from last November’s lockdown, plus all our regulars, so can now start scheduling appointments from none behaviour clients who were cancelled earlier this year. Please get back to us as soon as possible as the diary is almost full to the end of May and we will shortly start taking brand new client bookings.
Extensive safety measures will be in place as before. All clients must send a booking form confirming that they have read and agreed by the Covid 19 regulations as detailed in the appropriate link on the header bar before attending any training.
Our dog training aims to create a positive, effective personal and working relationship between owner and dog, whether working with young puppies or helping with specific dog behaviour problems.
We will show you how to:
- Understand your dog’s natural behaviour and how they learn and communicate
- Meet your dog’s physical and emotional needs and channel their natural instincts to avoid stress-related problems
- Control reinforcement and provide a variety of rewards to ensure your dog is a willing partner
- Use our Teamwork 24 programme to create a great working and personal relationship with any dog
We keep dog training enjoyable for dogs and owners by:
- Ensuring training classes are kept small
- Providing a supportive and relaxed learning environment for dogs and owners
- Keeping training relevant to the real world
- Providing individual training for those dogs not suited to group training classes
- Emphasizing social and life skills training, as well as obedience skills.
As well as providing a progressive programme of pet dog classes, Wendy has two areas of specialist expertise; competition and hobby Agility and Hoopers training, and remedial work for dogs with dog aggression/reactivity issues. Our facilities are unique in the east Midlands and include three acres of mown, dog proof fields and an indoor centre with a special sports dog surface so pups and sports dogs alike can work without risk of injury and we can run special remedial training groups in a calm and spacious environment.
Our services cover Central Nottinghamshire, North Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire. This includes: Newark, Mansfield, Ollerton, Nottingham, Bingham, Southwell, Ravenshead, Sutton in Ashfield, Worksop, Tuxford, Retford, Gainsborough.